Thursday, March 31, 2011
Things as They Really Are
We were asked to read an article called Things as They Really Are by Elder David A. Bednar. It was a very interesting article and even though I am not planning on having children anytime soon, it definitely got me thinking about that. It's kind of weird because I think that I am too young to even think about having children but the more and more I think about it the more it becomes prevalent in my life, thinking that if the Lord wants me to have children He will prepare a way for me to do so. He will make sure that I am taken care of and that my child will be as well, all I need to do is love it, take care of it, and teach it correct principles. Yes the thought of having children scares me to death! But I must admit that it is one of the main reasons we came to this Earth. To help others obtain a mortal body, to go and "multiply and replenish the earth", to build an eternal family. It all starts here, and sometimes I wonder if me thinking that I am not ready to have children is Lucifer telling me that I am not ready. That I really need to take that step into the darkness and to have faith that everything will work out. Maybe.....or maybe I am just being silly and that having a baby is something that you should plan, not just go with the flow. I don't want my child to grow up with just enough to get by. I want to be able to provide for my child and take the best care of it that I can, not just scrape from one month to the next. But really who is "prepared" for a child? I don't know. What a confusing topic that I have to pray about. Then start asking my husband about!! .....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment