Monday, March 21, 2011

The Temple

So I get a call from the bishop the other day saying that he wants me to come in and do my interview to work at the temple. Which I was very confused about because I don't remember ever putting my name into the temple to work there? Then I realized that it has always been my husbands dream to work in the temple with me and I automatically assume that it was him that put my name in and recommended me. Which is fine and I shouldn't be mad about it but it really did kind of annoy me that he didn't even talk to me about it he just put my name in the temple and said I wanted to work there when I am extremely intimidated because I've only been through the temple like 10 times and thinking that you have to be an expert in order to work there it is a bit intimidating. Then I realized that it's a blessing. I was reading my scriptures, honestly I don't even remember where, and I just realized that it's a huge blessing to be considered to work in the temple and that I should be extremely grateful that my husband recommended me and he was doing it out of the kindness of his heart and of wanting me to be closer to my Heavenly Father! I wish I could really work there, but I have already seen the change in my attitude and in my life because I was willing to give up my time and energy to work inside the Lord's house!

No comments:

Post a Comment