I met my husband at an impasse in my life. Things could of gone either way, yes I had decided to get things back on track and to get my life back together but I was with someone who didn't feel the same way that I did, not only about the church but about life styles. I did love that man very much but, since I decided to do things better, and to live my life better, it had to end. And when one door closes another opens, and I met Jake about 3 days after things ended. He was such a positive influence on my life! He just got back from his mission like a week beforehand and he had such a wonderful spirit about him it just drew me in and never let me go. He loves so deeply and didn't care about my past and what had happened and what I had done, he just knew that I was standing in front of him begging forgiveness from the Lord and he would help me through all my difficulties. I don't know why he did but he was there for me every step of the way.
Being accepted to BYU-I was just the second stepping stone that just fell into place after I decided to get my life back on track. I was so nervous that I wouldn't be accepted because of my grades (which weren't bad) and because of my lifestyle. But I had turned things around and was really going about life in a different way and I think that the Lord spoke to those people looking at my admissions and knew that I had to be here. I met my best friends Kelsey Thacker and Kiah Dixon here and I will forever be thankful to this school for that! I do love this school, it's just time for me to leave now, it's done everything it can for me and I have grown so much from it, thank you so much BYU-I.Lastly, marrying my husband. Going through the temple that day was amazing, there are no words that can describe how it felt and how I felt when I went through the Nauvoo, IL temple. I love that temple so much and I love that we got married there. There really are no words to express how much love I felt not only for my husband but for my family and for my Savior and Heavenly Father. I will never forget those feelings on that day.

No comments:
Post a Comment