Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Talking it out with the hubby

The other day my husband and I were getting out of the car with our friend Gary. Gary and my husband Jake were in the front seat and I was sitting in the back. We went grocery shopping and we all had a bunch of things in our hands except for Jake, so I asked him to hand me my phone and he through it at me over the seats in the car out the door. So automatically I was pretty upset, but I stopped and tried to think of things from his perspective (like the pillow method) and thought, what was he really thinking. So I stopped and asked "honey why did you throw my phone out of the car, did you mean to throw it at me or were you trying to hand it to me and it flew out of your hand?" He then replied saying that he was sorry and didn't mean to throw my phone at me and apologized many times. I'm glad that I was able to stop and think for a second that maybe he didn't mean to hurt my phone or anything he was just trying to help but it went wrong. I'm glad I stopped because normally I would just get angry and yell at him and tell him he did things wrong and ask what he was thinking etc. This class is really helping me with my patience with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment