Wednesday, February 2, 2011

My spirit to His

The other day I was reading in the D&C for my Doctrine and Covenants class and I came across a section that I really loved! The section is section 93 and it just really made me love and appreciate our Savior so much more! There's a couple verses that really struck me just because I have heard them before in my Patriarchal blessing. The verses are 22 and 23
"22 And all those who are begotten through me are partakers of the glory of the same, and are the church of the Firstborn. 23 Ye were also in the beginning with the Father; that which is Spirit, even the Spirit of truth;"
This is talking about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and how being a member means that you were in the presence of God before this life. In my blessing it talks about this and it just really brought me closer to the Savior because why would he tell me these things twice, in pretty much the exact same wording?? It must be important for me to remember, so I know that I will remember these things for the rest of my life. That I am blessed and loved, that before I came here I was a part of a bigger family, that I desperately want to get back to!

No comments:

Post a Comment